On Tuesday, February 20th, I had the honor of interviewing Congressman Joe Kennedy III. He is the son of the late Joe Kennedy, Jr. Over these 17 minutes, we discuss some very important topics including gun violence, his congressional role, his State of The Union Formal Response, and his uncle, Chris Kennedy running for governor. Below I have taken the time to list all of the questions in the show notes below, enjoy!
- You have been in congressional office since 2013, as of now, are you enjoying it?
- What was it like to be asked by Democratic Party leadership to give the “formal” response to President Donald Trump’s first State of the Union address?
- You represent a younger wave of Democrats, How can young people effectively get involved in politics?
- As you know, we are living in a world of fake news and unfiltered tweets, messages, etc. How can you get your message out to the community you serve?
- When the Republicans wanted to repeal the Affordable Care Act, you spoke out in front of congress when you responded passionately on the virtue of mercy. How does a person in public office exhibit mercy effectively?
- What leadership qualities does Chris Kennedy possess that make him suited to be Governor of Illinois? (in Spanish and English)
- The Kennedy Family has had a long relationship with the African American community, dating back 50 years to Dr. Martin Luther King. How can Chris Kennedy as governor of Illinois help expand that strong alliance with the African American community?
- Your grandfather, and Chris Kennedy’s father Bobby Kennedy and civil rights activist Cesar Chavez bonded over their commitment to social justice. What can an Illinois governor do to help push for fairer immigration laws in order to benefit the Hispanic community?
- Chris Kennedy is running a campaign against The Political Establishment. He has been characterized as “un-bossed and un-bought”. Do you have any campaign advice for him?
- For those voters who are undecided in the Illinois gubernatorial primary, what would you say to a voter to convince him or her that Chris Kennedy is the best choice for governor?
- There has been a lot of speculation from the media. Is that you might run for president in the future. Is that something you would consider?
Click here to get our weekly newsletter: https://jay-doherty.com/newsletter/