The Jay Doherty Podcast
Wednesday, January 2, 2018
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On this episode of The Jay Doherty Podcast, I talked about the wonderful podcast episode I recently recorded on my other podcast.
This “other podcast” is called JDRC Politics. It’s available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, and other syndication platforms.
On the 23rd episode of JDRC Politics, we did a “year in review” of the political scheme that is 2018, and took a look at some of the things that could come up in the year of 2019.
As listed on the show notes of JDRC, here are a couple of topics we discussed on the episode.
- America and China started a trade war
- Trump had another chaotic year in the White House throughout 2018
- In the 2018 midterms, Democrats won the House, but Republicans increased their majority in the Senate
- The Senate confirmed Kavanaugh despite the Democrats’ opposition
- Teresa May clings to power with no deal approved by parliament and Brexit scheduled for March 29
- Russian agents poisoned Sergei Skripal and his daughter
- AMLO became president of Mexico
- French protest Macron
Some other notable mentions…
- Facebook was besieged by scandals like Cambridge Analytica and fake news
- Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons against rebels and America retaliated
- Xi Jinping cemented his authority
- Despite a meeting with Kim Jong Un, Trump has made little progress negotiating with the DPRK
- Trump exited the Iran deal and levied crippling sanctions
- Populists control Italy
- Putin continues his rule
- Malaysians got rid of the corrupt party
- Climate change caused devastating wildfires but Trump denied that global warming had a role
- Gun violence continued in the US
- Ethiopia is engaged in peace efforts with Eritrea
- Saudi agents murdered Jamal Khashoggi