The biggest announcement I’ve ever made: The Doherty Files is here! Go to thedohertyfiles.com to stay update on the latest news, technology, and so much more.
The Benefits of having an audio podcast
Recently, I received an email from a listener saying “Hi Jay, I started listening to your podcast a couple of weeks ago; I like it a lot! I am curious as to know how, or why you started podcasting. All of the other podcasters I listen to just say “I want to get my message out, and leave it at that”, but I was wondering if you could go a little more in-depth answer to that question either by just replying or using it as a topic on The Jay Doherty Podcast. This is all out of pure interest and curiosity so please let me know. Best, *******”
Let me first start out by saying that there are endless benefits of having an audio podcast, but I did want to point out some of the following.
- Smaller crowd
- 450 Million+ Active English Language Blogs
- YouTube = 300 Hours Per Minute Uploaded
- 500,000 Active Podcasts in more than 100 languages
- People are listening to podcasts
- No Screen time required
- In the car
- Similar experience to music
- No Distractions
- People watch YouTube, gets them off task
- People listen to music, they want to sing along
- People listen to audiobooks, they are good but can get old
- People listen to podcasts, they are genuinely intriguing and interesting
- They can be engaged in something totally different, but still be captivated
- The Phone
- Anyone with a smartphone, can listen to a podcast for FREE
- Subscriptions are free
- Downloads are free
- Over 2.5 Billion people can listen to your podcast whenever they want, even on a plane, in a car ride, or no internet connection at all FOR FREE
- Huge Influence
- Podcasters are everywhere
- I’ve had people come up to me ON OCCASION and said, are you Jay Doherty? I saw your interview with so and so, and I’ve been listening to your podcast ever since
- Opportunity for mainstream exposure and popularity
- Featured in The Chicago Tribune, Politico, The Podcast Daily
- Constant feedback and communication with my audience like the email I read above
This episode of The Jay Doherty Podcast was affiliated with Blubrry. Click here to learn more OR use promo code JAYDOHERTY at checkout for one month free. Here are some of the awesome features you can get with Blubrry!
- Unlimited downloads
- No contracts, cancel anytime
- Optimized for iTunes and podcasting
- Audio, audiobook, video, ePub and PDF supported
- Media hosted on our top-tier content delivery network (CDN) with more than 35 data centers throughout the world to provide the lowest latency (response time in seconds) possible
- Upload using HTML5 technology, no special uploading tools or software required
- Automated ID3 tagging (both artwork and textual metadata written to your mp3s)
- Episodes hosted until you cancel service
- Media validation (make sure your media will play on all podcast platforms)
- Premium Podcast Statistics included ($5-a-month value)
- Free technical support by email
- FTP access is available upon request
- American owned-and-operated in the United States, our primary business is for podcasting!
The Jay Doherty Podcast LIVE
Now, all of The Jay Doherty Podcast Episodes will be broadcasted live both on my YouTube channel and also on my website. All live streams will take place on Friday at 6:30 PM and Saturday at 2:00 PM. Schedule subject to change. Sign up for my newsletter for alerts.
Adobe Audition For Podcasters Online Course
FREE – Sign up now!
Affiliate Link – Click here
Sign up for my newsletter and listen to TJDP Episode 12 to EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Email Marketing 3 Day Online Course
FREE – Sign up now!
Affiliate Link – Click Here
All of my online courses
I have a growing list of video tutorials that I have created based upon the the top things my clients have hired me to help them with. See the full list of tutorials by clicking here.
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
If you have ever looked into the algorithm iTunes uses to filter popular podcasts, then you know just how valuable leaving a 5 star rating and/or a written review can be to a content producer.
I am so incredibly thankful to those who have recently gone into my listing in iTunes to provide a five star rating and a written review of The Jay Doherty Podcast.
I Appreciate Feedback
Leave feedback about me and my show by clicking here.
Click here to get our weekly newsletter: https://jay-doherty.com/newsletter/
Click here to request a shoutout: https://jay-doherty.com/shoutout/